Free 10 Minute Initial Phone Consultation
Learn more about our firm. Meet an attorney with over 36 years of experience. Find out why you should hire a trial lawyer. Read Client Testimonials

Post-Divorce Modifications in Denver

Understand Your Options with an Experienced Divorce Lawyer

A divorce decree is the legal court document that finalizes your divorce. It includes the terms and conditions of your divorce, including child support, child custody, and other important matters. These orders are binding until otherwise modified. If you wish to modify the terms of your divorce decree, it is important to speak with a qualified divorce lawyer in Denver. With over 40 years of legal experience, we have developed the knowledge and expertise to effectively represent our clients. At Sturniolo & Associates, we can work with you to successfully modify your divorce decree so that it better suits your current situation.

Reasons for Post-Divorce Modifications

People need to modify their divorce decree for a multitude of reasons, typically because circumstances have changed since their divorces were finalized. These reasons include, but are not limited to:

  • A parent moving out of state and wanting to take their children with them;
  • A death or illness;
  • A change in income;
  • The child's needs have changed; and
  • A job loss.

No matter what your post-divorce modification reasons may be, our law firm can help. We can thoroughly evaluate your situation and determine if you have grounds to seek changes to your original divorce decree. Without proper assistance from a qualified Denver divorce attorney, the process of modifying your divorce order may be exceptionally difficult.

How to Modify Your Divorce Decree

To begin changing your divorce decree, you have two options. You and your spouse can come to an agreement, and then have your lawyers draft a new document. Once you both sign the papers, you can get the decree approved by a judge. If this option does not work out, you can file a petition to modify the court order. You will need to show that the change is

  • Permanent
  • Large enough to demand a change
  • Unforeseen when the divorce decree was made.

Before you take the first step of filing a petition with the court, contact our legal team for assistance. We can help you compile the necessary information to make your case to the court.

Need to make changes to your divorce order in Denver, Colorado?

If your circumstances have changed, you should speak with an attorney about modifying your divorce decree. Not only can a Denver divorce attorney from our firm help you understand the modification process, but we can provide you with the necessary resources and seasoned knowledge needed to make these important changes. If you need a lawyer for a divorce-related matter, then don't wait to contact Sturniolo & Associates to have your case represented by a lawyer who will continually keep your best interests in mind!

Sturniolo & Associates - Denver Divorce Attorney
Located at 5353 W Dartmouth Ave #202 Denver, CO 80227. View Map
Phone: (303) 732-5010 | Local Phone: (303) 831-4400.
© 2020 All Rights Reserved.
Internet Marketing Experts The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.